Grayson Perry at British Museum
The exhibition displays Perry’s thoughts process of why and how he chose the objects and those that he created. I think although his thoughts are perhaps not really new even though in some part it sounded unreal, he managed to articulate things really clearly which makes the objects interesting. The exhibition also showed that perhaps actually, people around the world are not too dissimilar and throughout the time, they haven’t change that much.
- Favourite Object: You Are Here Vase – It featured who visits the exhibition. Audience Segmentation on a Vase – How can you not like it? I’ll talk about it in another post
- Favourite label: Magick – part of the quote said:’… Sometimes our very human desire for meaning can get in the way of having a good experience of the world…”
- Object I wished I thought of: None
- Other things I noticed: the main vase that has been used on all the publication – Rosetta Vase– looks like infographic on a vase *I think we should encourage having infographics on everything. (@.@) I think I can be friend with Alan Measles, as we are rather similar.
- Overall rating: 3 Stripes– interesting enough but would not say that it is brilliant
Have you seen it? What do you think about it? What makes it good what makes it uninteresting?
Next Up – Printed marketing material of the exhibition..