Wow! I want to be in the Caucus Race of this one. 30,000 square metres, inspired by bubble speech, and will have boat tours coming out of it. This is immense!
I want to know:
- When will the project actually start in 2012?
- When will it be finished?
- Would the main collection be all the comic from all over the world or would it concentrate in Chinese ones?
This looks huge and probably 1000x the size of the Kyoto International Manga Museum, Japan. This reminds me to talk about that visit. Coming up next review on Kyoto International Manga Museum.
This video made me laugh, although I think it could do without the slightly racist and homophobic remarks. It is quite good in describing internships and museums. It also described the difference between Museum and Art Gallery. Plus it tells you who works in the museum. It is rather surprising when quite a lot of people don’t really know about the diverse roles available in the museum world. But it does make me think it is really hard to be an intern. I wonder whether they have young people Volunteering in the US instead of doing internships?
“The Louvre is a museum and Del Prado is a Gallery. You will never understand until you visit them both”
And the second video that I watched (which is actually the first of the 2) showed that it looked harder to go to a uni that you want in the US.
- Clean and clear
- I like the clear 2 grid system – I love grids
- The pink links in with Grayson Perry
The Event Brochure
- I like that it is also a poster of ‘Pilgrimage to the British Museum” drawing – double sidedprinting is always better to me.
- It mentions the shopping, restaurant and online aspect of the exhibition
- It features event for everyone including a Handling Session for visually impaired – Although I am not sure whether that part needs a bit more spacing between each line and also I would not use italics – as it is meant for the visually impaired, accessibility wise is not great.
I also saw banners, posters and listing on the Art Fund brochure all look very clean, clear and consistent. I think however the exhibition needs a free booklet memento, like other exhibitions I have been in other museums. Or perhaps have a book that is smaller than the £25 exhibition catalogue.
The exhibition displays Perry’s thoughts process of why and how he chose the objects and those that he created. I think although his thoughts are perhaps not really new even though in some part it sounded unreal, he managed to articulate things really clearly which makes the objects interesting. The exhibition also showed that perhaps actually, people around the world are not too dissimilar and throughout the time, they haven’t change that much.
- Favourite Object: You Are Here Vase – It featured who visits the exhibition. Audience Segmentation on a Vase – How can you not like it? I’ll talk about it in another post
- Favourite label: Magick – part of the quote said:’… Sometimes our very human desire for meaning can get in the way of having a good experience of the world…”
- Object I wished I thought of: None
- Other things I noticed: the main vase that has been used on all the publication – Rosetta Vase– looks like infographic on a vase *I think we should encourage having infographics on everything. (@.@) I think I can be friend with Alan Measles, as we are rather similar.
- Overall rating: 3 Stripes– interesting enough but would not say that it is brilliant
Have you seen it? What do you think about it? What makes it good what makes it uninteresting?
Next Up – Printed marketing material of the exhibition..
I have learnt from my cousin the Wise Dodo (who happens to appear with Alice in a book;the excerpt where the wisdom can be found) that :
- Meetings has to end
- It is about time for things to move on
- For others to understand me I need to speak plain English and not use long words
- Eaglet knows that Wise Dodo sometimes use words that he himself does not know what it means
- The best way to understand things is to do it
- People tends to follow trends (in his case it is the Caucus race, in museums it is in some marketing techniques) without knowing or understanding the reason for it
- Perhaps following trend is not such as a bad idea or perhaps it is even better to have a different idea altogether
You may find in this stripy world of mine, nothing is simply just black or just white, I will always present the stripes.
Ps of the day: I could not believe that my spell checker does not recognise the word learnt.